Discover the no-rules approach to creativity as artist Maria Grossbaum-Fondler guides you through essential mixed-media art techniques.
Start the class with building a composition using twigs and modelling paste, explore fun pattern techniques and create bold textures. Then, have fun with paints and pigments, experiment with washes, create stunning gradients and learn how to select a captivating color scheme. Learn how to add a wow factor to your design and how to seal your twigs in order to prevent erosion. You'll be inspired by the wide range of effects that you can create and be proud to hang your abstract piece in your home!
WHAT YOU GET
- 8 Streaming HD video lessons with anytime, anywhere access
- List of materials and supplies
INTRO. Meet Maria as she highlights the techniques you'll learn to take your designs to the next level.
1. CHOOSING YOUR TWIGS. Learn what twigs to use and how to prepare them for your art piece.
2. UNDERSTANDING COMPOSITION. EXERCISE. Enjoy fun exercise that will help you to gain confidence and understanding in building a balanced composition.
3. BUILDING COMPOSITION WITH TWIGS. Learn how to adhere twigs to your canvas
4. CREATING TEXTURAL PATTERN. Get familiar with modelling paste and a crackle medium for creating a bold textures.
5. APPLYING COLOURS. Delve deeper into the world of paints! Practice using different types of paints to add movement and free-form patterns to your pieces, create gradients and washes. You'll also see how grounds respond to each type of paint.
6. FINAL DECORATIVE TOUCHES. Learn how to make your painting look complete and how to add colours to your side panels.
7. ADDING DECORATIVE ELEMENTS. Let’s see together what other materials we could use to make your art piece unique and how to add a new dimension to your painting.
8. SEALING TWIGS. Sealing your twigs with varnish is important in order to prevent future erosion.
Imagine, experiment and produce your best work ever!
HERE ARE MY PAINTINGS CREATED WITH TECHNIQUES EXPLAINED IN THE COURSE:
My paintings is the creation of opposites in a variety of rhythms and textures.
I combine different materials in order to overcome the challenge of achieving harmony and unity in my work. Some of my paintings are highly textured and have imbedded objects.
I explore this fine line of ambiguity between pure abstraction and implied realism through the process of layering color and organic texture. My objective is to evoke a sensation or memory in the viewer, of a place remembered or imagined, without literal reference to landscape.
Start1. Choosing your Twigs (3:48)
Preview2. Understanding Composition. Exercise. (5:26)
Start3. Building Composition (5:59)
Start4. Creating Textural Patterns (8:38)
Start5a. Applying Colours, part 1 (9:55)
Start5b. Applying Colours, part 2 (10:41)
Start6. Final Decorative Touches (2:12)
Start7. Adding Decorative Elements (6:41)
Start8. Sealing Twigs (6:30)